Angel Medical Systems Inc. Assembles World-Class Medical Advisory Board
Eatontown, New Jersey- Angel Medical Systems Inc. is pleased to announce the creation of a Medical Advisory Board (MAB) coincident with the commercial release of the AngelMed Guardian® System, the world’s first implantable Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) event detector with real time patient notifications.
Members of the MAB will collaboratively lend their clinical knowledge and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of recurrent ACS events in high risk patients in the United States.
The MAB includes accomplished cardiologists (EP, Interventional, and General), scientists, and leaders in the field of cardiovascular research and disease management, with a common compassion and sensitivity to the needs of their patients and their families.
The MAB will advise Angel Medical Systems Inc. on a variety of topics, including:
- Understanding the clinical challenges of introducing a new, potentially disruptive technology into the standard of cardiovascular care for patients presenting with potential ACS events, particularly the novel aspect of asymptomatic patient presentations in a world trained to look for symptoms when diagnosing potential ongoing ACS events.
- Designing programs to best facilitate the clinical adoption of the AngelMed Guardian® System by the cardiology community including understanding the theory of operation of the AngelMed Guardian® System – how it does what it does.
- Strategies for continued biomedical research and science education involving the detection of ACS events in ambulatory patients and reducing patient delay for such events, particularly for high risk patients with advanced cardiovascular disease.
- The development of new technologies to address unmet needs in cardiovascular monitoring.
- Proposals for new product features and enhancements at the request of Angel Medical Systems Inc.
- Proposals for continuing education programs specifically targeting the AngelMed Guardian® System for clinicians, cardiologists, ED staff, EMT population, and patients and families.
We are pleased to introduce the following members of our Medical Advisory Board:
- Dr. C. Michael Gibson, Chairman, Harvard Medical School
- Dr. David Holmes, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Dr. Mitchell Krucoff, Duke Medical School
- Dr. David Wohns, Spectrum Health
- Dr. Kelly Tucker, Orange County Heart Institute Dr. Arthur Eberly, Prisma Health
- Dr. Vishal Gupta, Ascension Borgess Hospital
- Dr. Kimberly Skelding, Alabama Heart & Vascular Medicine
- Dr. Ajay Kirtane, Columbia University Medical Center
- Dr. Martin Leon, Columbia University Medical Center
- Dr. Andrew Kaplan, Cardiovascular Associates of Mesa
- Dr. Rishi Anand, Holy Cross Hospital
The inaugural meeting of the MAB will be held on September 27th in San Francisco coincident with the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Conference held September 25-29th in the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
About the AngelMed Guardian® System
The AngelMed Guardian® System received approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in April 2018. It is an implantable cardiac monitor with patient alerting for patients who have had prior Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS), including myocardial infarctions (heart attacks) or unstable angina and who remain at high risk for recurrent ACS events. The AngelMed Guardian® System is an adjunct to patient recognized symptoms by detecting potential ongoing ACS events, characterized by sustained ST segment changes and alerting the patient to seek medical attention for those events. Approval of the Angel Med Guardian® System by the U.S. FDA was based on preclinical and clinical data, including data derived from the ALERTS Clinical Study that began in 2009. The Guardian device fills an unmet medical need by providing more effective diagnosis of a life-threatening condition when compared to patient symptoms alone. The Guardian is the only product in the world that has been proven to prompt patients to seek medical attention for ACS events (including silent heart attacks) in the absence of symptoms.
About Angel Medical Systems, Inc.
Angel Medical Systems, Inc. was founded in 2001 by Drs. Robert, Tim and David Fischell, active serial entrepreneurs and inventors of medical devices. In 1999, the company filed its first of more than 50 issued US patents relating to detecting cardiac events and patient alerting, with the Company’s first human implant occurring in 2005.
Angel Medical Systems, Inc.